Personal Injury

The NASUWT uses expert solicitors to pursue personal injury claims for members who have suffered an accident, illness or assault at work. Casework reviews demonstrate that members consistently receive more compensation from their employers’ insurers where they use Union solicitors.

In any personal injury compensation claim, you would need to prove that your injury, illness or disease was caused due to someone else’s fault and a lawyer at Thompsons Solicitors will help you with that. Accidents which occur abroad, for example whilst on school trips, are covered where the claim can be pursued in the UK courts. The Scheme does not cover medical negligence.

The NASUWT indemnifies the member for all the legal costs incurred, in circumstances where the claim is deemed to have reasonable prospects of success, provided the eligibility for assistance criteria is met. (For more details, see the Personal Injury Legal Assistance Scheme on the right/below.)

Call 0808 100 2221 for further assistance.

You will need to provide your name, contact details and your NASUWT membership number. If there is a problem with your membership or you do not know your membership number, please email the Membership Team.

Thompsons’ web pages on personal injury and accidents at work may be of interest.