The NASUWT runs an annual UK-wide seminar programme for newly qualified teacher members. The Preparing For Your First Teaching Post one-day seminars take place across the UK every July and August.
Subsequent to this programme, in November every year, new teachers gather to discuss issues emanating from the first term of teaching, followed by a seminar in June to evaluate the first year as a qualified teacher and look forward to the next stage of their career.
CPD throughout your career
The NASUWT provides a range of CPD for teachers at every stage of your career:
- a First Appointments lecture tour running throughout each academic year providing essential and motivational advice for final year students on finding a first teaching position;
- an annual seminar programme for newly qualified teachers across the UK;
- five annual Consultation Conferences;
- regular seminars and meetings for teachers undertaking supply work;
- regular seminars and meetings for school leaders and aspiring leaders;
- a range of half-day and full-day workshops on areas including behaviour management and assertiveness.