The NASUWT had its first meeting with Chris Tweedale, Aldridge Multi Academy Trust's CEO on 9 February 2017. The meeting was extremely positive where the Union was able to agree in principle both a Trade Union Recognition Agreement (TURA) and a Trade Union Facility Time Agreement (TUFA).
In addition, the NASUWT has requested copies of existing pay policies in respective of Aldridge academies and is forwarding the NASUWT template to support the academies' monitoring of pay progression data. The Trust has given a commitment to working with the NASUWT in harmonising policies.
The next meeting with Aldridge MAT has been scheduled for 10 March 2017.
The NASUWT submitted a 2016-17 pay claim in September, which is available to members of the NASUWT National Executive on the right/below.
Aldridge Education was established by the Aldridge Foundation in September 2016, taking over responsibility for its non-selective academy schools and colleges, some of which are part of the MAT while others are independent trusts sponsored by Aldridge Education.
Aldridge Education schools and academies are:
- Darwen Aldridge Community Academy
- Brighton Aldridge Community Academy
- Portslade Aldridge Community Academy
- Isle of Portland Aldridge Community Academy
- Darwen Aldridge Enterprise Studio School
- Kensington Aldridge Academy
- Darwen Vale High School
- Sudell Primary School
- [email protected], Newhaven
- [email protected], Salford
- Ada National College for Digital Skills