Recruitment is essential to the future and continued strength of the NASUWT and each year we aim to recognise the exceptional contribution made by our members with the Recruitment Awards presentation ceremony at the NASUWT Annual Conference.
Nominations for the 2021 Recruitment Awards will be open soon. Information about the current categories and previous winners is below.
Until the nominations for the 2021 Awards formally open, please send the information to email@example.com if you or your Local Association know of any member who is undertaking exciting and innovative recruitment and organising tasks for the Union.
Recruitment Awards Categories
The categories are:
This award is intended to recognise the variety and quality of NASUWT communications at Local Association level and highlight examples of good practice that can inspire other NASUWT Representatives and activists.
Nominations can include a specific communication or a communication strategy developed as part of the wider Local Association organising activity.
Nominations should include:
- a description of the communication or strategy;
- the purpose of the communication or strategy;
- details of the target audience, why they were selected and how;
- evidence of how the communication had/is having a positive impact on recruitment or organising;
- information on distribution methods;
- information on whether the communication achieved its purpose;
- a description of any resources used (this may include budget, materials, people, etc.);
- any other relevant information.
Nominations should include:
- a description of what the nominee has achieved in respect of recruitment and workplace organising;
- the impact the nominee has had on recruitment and retention;
- details of any increase in membership or activists;
- information concerning any positive difference made to the teachers within the school or workplace.
2020 activists receive Recruitment Awards
Best Communication or Communication Strategy Award
The North East Equalities Committee has won the Best Communication or Communication Strategy Award for producing a Guide for LGBTI Teachers in the North East.
This guide encourages LGBTI teachers to join the NASUWT and get involved in the Union’s events and activism. It also provides information and advice on issues such as coming out at school, tackling prejudice and our network of Equality Officers.
NASUWT members have handed out the booklet at Pride events across the North East, including Durham, Newcastle and Northumberland. Copies were also distributed to all the North East’s Local Associations and the Regional Centre.
Recruiter of the Year Award
The winner of the Recruiter of the Year Award is Alan Meatyard from Plymouth Local Association.
As the nominations for this Award were so strong, the Recruitment Committee was also keen to highly commend Bryan McConnell from St Helens & Newton Local Association.
Previous year's winners
Click/tap through the galleries to see previous winners.
2019 winners presented with their awards at Annual Conference in Belfast
2018 winners presented with their awards at Annual Conference in Birmingham
2017 winners presented with their awards at Annual Conference in Manchester
Sponsored by Endsleigh.