Learning Representatives Courses
The Learning Representative is a union member who has been elected to the union role of Learning Representative in a school or college.
The Learning Representative is trained to support the professional development of colleagues in the workplace.
The role can include:
- raising awareness and promoting the value of CPD;
- providing information on learning opportunities;
- identifying members’ learning needs;
- working with employers and other partners to improve access to learning opportunities;
- monitoring quality of provision; and
- supporting equality of access to learning.
For members, the Learning Representative is someone to go to for information about training; someone who can be trusted. Learning Representatives can assist in assessing members’ learning needs, help members follow up training needs identified in performance management objectives and support negotiations with employers about learning issues.