The MHFA England Youth two-day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- an in-depth understanding of young people's mental health and factors that affect wellbeing;
- practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues;
- confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress;
- enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening;
- knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support, whether that's through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix , engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate;
- ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive;
- tools to look after your own mental wellbeing.
PLEASE NOTE that this course is not suitable for Supply Teachers.