Conditions of Service for School Teachers in England and Wales (Burgundy Book)
In the 'Resources' section below, you will find the Conditions of Service for School Teachers in England and Wales, commonly known as the Burgundy Book. The Burgundy Book contains the following sections:
- Appointment: Resignation: Retirement;
- Sick Pay Scheme;
- Maternity Scheme;
- Other Leave;
- Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures;
- Miscellaneous Conditions.
It also includes information concerning the following:
- Premature retirement compensation;
- Memorandum of agreement for the release of teachers;
- Agreement on facilities for representatives of recognised teachers’ organisations;
- Relations between teachers’ organisations and LEAs: Collective disputes procedures;
- Insurance and travelling allowances;
- Teachers and the school meals service.