Who Should Run Our Schools? Research In Brief
Research by Ipsos MORI examines the views of a representative cross-section of the general public on the future management and control of state school provision in England.
Questions examined in the study included:
- What does the public think about the quality of state schools in England?
- To what extent is there a public appetite for more schools to be run by private companies, religious groups, charities or groups of parents?
- Who should be held responsible if a school fails to deliver good standards of education?
- Would the public support measures that would allow state-funded schools to charge fees in order to supplement the funding they receive?
- To what extent does the public believe that the work of headteachers should be checked and regulated?