Who can join the NASUWT?
NASUWT membership is available to:
- Teachers in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and in-service schools in Germany and Cyprus.
- Teachers in all sectors from early years to further education.
- Teachers employed in the maintained and independent sector.
- Teachers employed in academy and free schools;
- Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers.
- Students who are studying for a teaching qualification.
- Other persons whose contracts of employment require them to teach, lecture or instruct.
Categories of Membership
This membership covers all educational professionals who have a contract which requires them to teach, lecture or instruct.
This membership includes specially reduced subscription categories:
- Newly Qualified Teachers
- Part Time
- Temporary Contract
- Supply Teachers
The NASUWT is currently offering free membership for the remainder of 2012 for any teacher that decides to join the Union and agrees to pay their 2013 subscriptions by direct debit, to find out more visit free membership offer.
This membership is FREE to all students studying for an educational qualification and covers students with the vital legal and professional cover needed before entering the classroom.
- No teacher should enter the classroom without the essential legal and professional cover that the NASUWT membership provides.
- NASUWT is the only teachers’ union to organise throughout the UK.
Did you Know
The NASUWT is opposed to the systematic privatisation of the state education system, in part through the introduction of academy and free schools. However, the NASUWT is thoroughly committed to offering the same high standard of guidance, advice and practical support to members in academy and free schools that all other teachers receive from the Union. If you are a teacher in an academy or free school it is important that you join the NASUWT today join online.