Personal accident insurance cover
Members of NASUWT receive personal accident insurance cover free of charge within the cost of their Union subscription. The information below is a summary of the cover provided.
Accidental bodily injury whilst engaged in school activities (including official business of the NASUWT) or whilst commuting to and from the member’s permanent place of business resulting in:
- loss of sight of one eye or loss of one limb
- loss of sight of both eyes, loss of two limbs or loss of sight of one eye accompanied by loss of one limb
- permanent total disablement from usual occupation
All members, excluding student members, have £8,000 of cover. All student members have £1,500 of cover.
Members and student members must be in the age range 18 to 70. Personal accident claims must normally be notified to the insurers within 6 months of the accident.
- Claim forms can be obtained from the NASUWT Membership team on 0121 457 6211
- The claim must arise from an accident
- Claims should be notified to NASUWT within 6 months of the accident
- The accident must have resulted in death, loss of sight, limb or permanent total disability from usual occupation
- Members or student members must be between 18 and 70 years of age