Malicious damage to cars insurance
Members of NASUWT who pay their subscription by direct debit or by any other means on or before 31 January receive malicious damage to car insurance cover free of charge within the cost of their Union subscription. No benefit is available to members not meeting this subscription criteria. The information below is a summary of the cover provided.
Damage covered by malicious persons to motorcycles, pedal cycles and motor vehicles belonging to members or for which members are responsible.
For members who pay their subscription by Direct Debit or who have fully paid their subscription by any other means on or before 31 January each year the maximum benefit level is £125. The maximum payment made is £110 as an excess of £15 is payable.
Any school premises within Great Britain, Eire and Northern Ireland, (including cover abroad in respect of members temporarily engaged overseas catering for the children of British Forces Personnel). School premises shall be construed as the confines of any school, college or educational institution, including school playgrounds and playing fields. Please note the policy specifically excludes damage sustained during theft or attempted theft from vehicles.
All incidents of theft must be reported to the police immediately and a claim notified in writing to the NASUWT within 30 days of the event. You will be required to disclose the crime reference number and the name and address of the police station on the claim form.
- Claim forms can be obtained from the NASUWT Membership team on 0121 457 6211
- This benefit is only available to members who pay their subscription by direct debit or who complete their subscription by any other means on or before 31 January
- Claims must arise from incidents on school premises
- Claims must be notified to NASUWT within 30 days of the event
- Damage sustained during theft or attempted theft from vehicles on school premises is specifically excluded
- Incidents must be reported to the police and a crime reference number obtained
- This insurance is not intended to replace a standard motor insurance policy