Why does NASUWT oppose academies?
The invitation for every school to become an academy flies in the face of public opinion. An Ipsos-MORI poll found that 96 per cent of parents want a good local school run by local councils, and by a ratio of 9 to 1, the public is opposed to head teachers being given more freedom.
News & Resources
- NASUWT signs landmark agreement with Coop Schools Society
- Frequently Asked Questions On Academies
- Academies - Did You Know? posters, April 2013
- "What teaching is all about: the teacher union perspective" by NASUWT Deputy General Secretary Dr Patrick Roach (page 171)
- Academies Resource Pack - Local Secretaries Only
- Academies - Issues for governors (MS Word - member-only)
- Listen to BBC Radio 4 Report "Who Owns England's Schools" (new window)
- All the latest NASUWT news relating to academies